The ClearCanvas ImageServer is a DICOM Compliant open source PACS server and archive that includes the following features:
- Support for archival of studies to HSM style archives (such as the EMC DiskXtender software or Sun StorageTek QFS / SAM software) with the ability to function as a temporary cache or a standard archive. The rules engine can be used to determine which studies will be saved to the archive, and which can be deleted.
- Support for the storage and retrieval of a wide range of DICOM storage objects.
- A sophisticated rules engine that allows for the scheduling of various disk management activities and auto-routing of DICOM studies
- Support for partitioning to segment data.
- Support for multiple filesystems for storage of online DICOM studies.
- Lossless and lossy compression of online studies using RLE or standard JPEG compression.
- Support for a single user login, which is set at installation time.
- Support for JPEG 2000 compression and decompression utilizing the Accusoft Pegasus PicTools library.
- Support for audit trail logging to a centralized server through the ClearCanvas Enterprise Server.
- Centralized authorization and authentication support with multiple user logins and authority tokens and groups through the ClearCanvas Enterprise Server.
- Support for clustering of servers for handling of increased load.
- Shared logins with the ClearCanvas Workstation and RIS through the ClearCanvas Enterprise Server.
Read more : http://www.clearcanvas.ca/dnn/Home/tabid/37/Default.aspx