CharruaPACS is an easy to install and maintain free DICOM Server , with auto-routing capabilities. It supports DICOM C-STORE SCP for most used SOP classes, with uncompressed Transfer Syntax and JPEG lossless, JPEG lossy and JPEG 2000 Transfer Syntaxes, C-FIND and C-MOVE SCP Study Root model and C-ECHO Verification as SCP. CharruaPACS is a dedicated and multithreaded DICOM Server with the following capabilities:
– Echo SCP
– Verification Service.
– Storage SCP
– it can receive DICOM images from any imaging modality. It only supports the Implicit VR little Endian Transfer Syntax.
– Query & Retrieve SCP
– It can respond to queries from remote systems and send them images on request. It uses the Study Root Model.
– Multiple Associations
– It can handle 10 simultaneous associations.
It is composed of three applications:
1. Admin: it is used for the initial configuration.
2. CharruaPACS: is the multi-threaded PACS server
3. Webserver: is a WEB server running on port 80, and it allows to change CharruaPACS configuration and to access images through a web browser.