PacsOne Server or PACS Server In One Box, is a DICOM 3.0 compliant free PACS server application that combines the following components in one server or one box
* A DICOM server.
* A PACS server which uses open source MySQL database.
* A Web server which uses open source Apache 2.0 HTTP server and PHP (recursive acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”) scripting engine for web user interface.
The benefits of PacsOne versus the traditional PACS servers are:
* It is free (Basic Edition) or low-cost (Premium Edition) since it uses open source MySQL database and Apache web servers.
* It is less complicated. It makes the life of a PACS administrator a lot easier since there is only ONE instead of multiple servers or boxes to maintain.
* Choose your favorite hardware platform, whether it is a PC, workstation, fully-fledged server with RAID disk arrays, blade server or even a laptop, to install and run PacsOne server software.
* Choose your favorite software operating system, whether it is Linux, Mac OS X, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, or Vista.
* IT infrastructure integration. Archiving of the PACS database is just as simple as backing up files on a regular server, which makes PacsOne fit seamlessly into the rest of IT infrastructure of the entire organization. A PACS administrator has the freedom to choose their favorite backup solutions, software and/or archive media.